A Reflection on 2010

2010 was a year full of ups and downs, as many of them are.  As I happily begin 2011 by sleeping in after a day full of birthday celebrating, I am going to bid 2010 farewell by reflecting upon the highlights of the year gone by again so quickly.

+ Ayla turned 1
+Spent time with Martinez family over the summer
+Got engaged on October 8th
+Henriette got engaged!
+Celebrated our 3rd anniversary
+Purchased my first laptop
+Welcomed a new niece, Elisabeth, into the world
+Spent time visiting with family in Iowa over the summer
+Started couponing 
+Got Oscar, my sweet Boston terror, er terrier, for Mother's Day
+Ayla was spaghetti & meatballs for Halloween
+My good buddy Tonia teaches across the pod from me
+I have a really sweet class
+Brandon is teaching the Cambridge program this year
+Dad turned 50
+We both turned 27
+Boo turned 4
-Grandpa LeRoy died
-Water heater broke
-Mom endured months and months of suffering and devastation with her dental issues
-Our house was broken into
-Flat tire
-Lost my wallet
-Ayla's first ear infection
-Brandon lost his cell phone
-Dryer broke
-Found out an old friend is struggling with some scary health issues 
-Found out a former student of mine died of cancer at age 15
-Oscar the puking dog



Overall, it was a good year with its share of challenges.  For the most part, we all stayed mostly healthy and mostly happy.  I was very sad to lose my grandfather, but very glad that God reconnected us before he did (see more in previous post: On Death and Dying).  We've had many things in our home break down, but we still have our home, which we are so grateful for and so glad we are able to afford it in this economic time.  Stuff is just stuff, and it is replaceable.  I hope for my family a healthier year with less financial stress, and I hope that we spend lots of time together laughing and enjoying the blessing of being so close.  Many exciting things are ahead in this fresh new year, including my wedding, my best friend's wedding, Ayla turns 2, and we hope to be able to grow our little family after we get married.  2011 is going to be a wonderful year.



By the way, today is Oscar Mayer's (our dog) birthday, he is one!  Happy Birthday, little man!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Babies

"The great joy in life is doing what people say you cannot do."

San Pellegrino, Juicy Juice, and Gerber--oh my!