Ayla's Antics

Happy Sunday!  This morning I am prolonging the inevitable chore of getting dressed for my fun, busy day ahead.  My Aunt Kari is in town, so her, my mom, and I are going to go see John Edward (psychic medium) in Orlando.  Luckily, my bridesmaid dresses came in for my girls this same week, so we are picking them up for my 2 girls (sister and future sis-in-law, who will be getting married 5 months and 2 days after us).  It wouldn't be an Orlando trip without an IKEA stop, so we'll be going there.  (My aunt has never been!  Eep!) Then, after our show, we will be going to Ming Court for some Chinese/sushi.  Sadly, it will be farewell to my aunt (her name Kari means "pure of heart"-so fitting), as she will be returning home to Iowa.


We've spent a ton of time together this weekend, and we've all especially enjoyed Ayla's antics.


Ayla's Antics
 
Ayla loves all shoes, but these were some of her favs at Payless.
  • Putting on everyone's shoes and walking around the house.
  • Counting: "Two, free, four, six!"
  • Running laps around the house
  • Dancing wildly to Black Eyed Peas, as well as "Freak Out" from Toy Story 3
  • Her obsession with "Jessie" (meaning Toy Story 3) and "Shrek" (meaning the final Shrek movie, which I think is just weird)
  • "Chocolate bunny.  Chocolate chicken." Thanks Oma Gaby for the Easter basket of crack.  Ayla is so sad we made it through the chocolate critters (painstakingly one at a time over a period of a couple weeks).
  • Going from person to person giving them hugs and/or kisses
  • "Kari, Kari!" she said as we arrived at my mom's house each time
  • My sister's boyfriend (whom I shall call Edward for privacy reasons) really threw her for a loop.  She wanted to lay with her Ti-ti in bed to watch a movie, but she kept telling Edward, "In, in."  I think she meant she wanted in the bed, so he could have assumed then (based on her logic) that she wanted him out.  Haha!
  • Yanking her hair out.  She will put up with having her hair fixed until she's over it.  Then she YANKS it out.  Yanks.  "Off," she says.
  • "Lub you too."  My favorite phrase ever.  She has been saying "Lub-oo" for quite some time, but now it is sounding so much more like big people words than baby talk, plus she's added in the "too" for extra proof of her growing up.
I can't believe that in just ELEVEN days, my "baby" will be 2.  Her long, long legs with the perfect mixed baby complexion and her vast vocabulary are a far cry from the baby we brought home who kept us up all night and slept all day for pretty much the first 365 long days of her life.
 I know I've said it before, and I will say it again...I love her so much.  She's my world!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Babies

"The great joy in life is doing what people say you cannot do."

San Pellegrino, Juicy Juice, and Gerber--oh my!