Day 3: Sick of writing prompts

The prompts to write about writing are boring me, so...I'm not doing it.

Hmm, what to write about?  Well, how about my busy week this week...

This week, I had a ton on my plate.  2 days of tutoring, 1 long night of conferences, followed by 1 long day of work with our school award ceremony and a faculty meeting.  A co-worker and I presented to the faculty information we learned about asking quality questions during reading (and across curriculum).  I must admit I was weary of presenting because the last time I did I was 8 months pregnant and got very hot and breathless.  Even though I'm comfortable in front of large groups (the larger the better), I still get a little bit of the jitters.  Those who know me, know I am a fast talker, but fast talking plus pregnancy equal a winded mama.  I was afraid that maybe it would happen again, that maybe it wasn't just a "pregnancy thing."


It was just a pregnancy thing.  Yay!  I feel that overall the training went well, and the teachers were interested (or just too tired to talk, haha).  


This weekend is my best buddy Henriette's bridal shower, and I am dying of excitement to give her her gifts.  I look forward to running games.  When it comes to parties, I make a terrible guest of honor (it stresses me out) but a great hostess.  Even though I'm not hosting, I look forward to helping make her day a success with fun games in her honor.  Then, later that evening, I get the chance to go see the Goo Goo Dolls, which I am super excited about.  I've loved GGD for forever.  In fact, I remember my mom asking me, "What kind of name is 'Goo Goo Dolls'?"  She loves them now too.  Take that!  


Sunday is our wedding photo shoot, as our photographer was so wonderful to set up a time to take some outdoor photos since the monsoon of October 8th, our wedding day, didn't allow for us to get any outside shots.  I still can't believe how crazy and ridiculous that rain was!!


Brandon's birthday is next week, then it will be Thanksgiving...and Christmas...and my birthday.  Then, a whole new year.  The way time is flying by so quickly freaks me out.  Am I alone in this?  


Happy Friday eve, folks!  See you tomorrow, same bat time, same bat channel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Babies

Surreal

"The great joy in life is doing what people say you cannot do."