Blue jeans...

Recently, I began a weight loss challenge group on Facebook, and I have a handful of friends (old and new) involved.  At this point, I've tried everything but starvation and liposuction, so might as well give this a shot.  My brother's ex (from way back in high school) suggested it to me, and when I saw her results-wow!  She looks better now than she did in high school!

First and foremost, I am looking forward to going wedding dress shopping when I've lost 15-20 lbs. of the 35 I want to lose.

Then...my jeans.  I have so many wonderful pairs of blue jeans that I miss wearing so much.  Right now, I'm stuck with these Old Navy ones that are cut higher on my stomach because, well, that's how they'll fit me.  And they pinch, they bind, and they make me so uncomfortable.  Much like my weight.  I can't wait to fit into a pair of old jeans again, a luxury I never thought I'd have to go without.

Colder weather is upon us, and I refuse to go a 3rd winter wearing maternity pants.  I wore them the winter I was preggers and the winter after that.  What a horrid feeling!  So, I either find fat pants that fit (a challenge like no other) or I wear the capri's that fit me all winter.  

Another exciting thing about losing weight is that the first place I lose it is in the ta-tas.  They were ginormous before, and they are even bigger now.  Let me tell you, if I ever wanted plastic surgery (I don't), that would probably be my first request.

My feet have gotten bigger.  Now finding cute shoes is nearly impossible!  It isn't that my feet are fatter, they are just about a 1/2 size longer from all the swelling and stretching they did.  When you're pregnant, your body produces a hormone called relaxin (ha-ha) which helps your ligaments to stretch.  This hormone does not limit itself to your belly.  Hence the feet grow-age that some women go through.

So as I go through this weight loss journey, I remember the following:  A wedding dress is for a day, but blue jeans are forever (or at least til I get preggers again and have to do the whole stretch and shrink over again).

Send my blue jeans and my belly fat your well wishes!

Comments

  1. Whats this weight loss.challenge? Im.totally interested. I have 5 months to lose what i want before my wedding yikes...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Babies

"The great joy in life is doing what people say you cannot do."

San Pellegrino, Juicy Juice, and Gerber--oh my!