"Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles...Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings...These are a few of my favorite things."

Many people that know me know that I enjoy couponing.  I don't do it quite as often as I used to, but I enjoy couponing with my partner-in-coupons, Mom.   She was a couponer back in the day before there were even websites with all the deals laid out in black and white.  

Tonight, I decided to try out one of my recent scores, a Schick Intuition which offers the luxury of all-in-one shaving.  Being pretty lazy in the shaving department, I decided to give it a go.  These retail around $10 at your local drugstore, such as CVS, and around the same price at Walmart even.  Who is going to spend that much?  I might have before couponing, but never again!  I got two of them for free after coupons and CVS extra care bucks.

Many of the products I purchase, I give away to friends and family, and I have a box filled to the brim with items just waiting to be donated.  (I just have to get out and drop them off...)

However, I will admit there are some products that I've gotten for cents or even free that I L-O-V-E and seek out every time they have coupon deals.

Here are some favs:
1. Purex Complete 3-in-1 sheets definitely earn a spot on the top of my list.  When I saw the commercials for these things, I thought, "What a waste of money!"  Indeed, I would not like to pay the retail price of $6-$8 that they typically run.  But with my coupon deals, I've managed to get these for around $1-$1.50 each.  20-24 loads and the soap, fabric softener, and anti-static all in one for under $2?  Can't beat it!  They smell great, and they come in a a few scents, including one that isn't scented-Pure and Clean.  After you wash the load of laundry, throw them in the dryer with the sheet you threw in originally with the wash, and 30 minutes later: ding!  Laundry's clean, ready, and smells fab!  These would be great to take with you when traveling or for someone who doesn't have a lot of space for bottle after bottle of separate products.

2. Pampers Cruisers are another product I love.  After the 6 month supply of diapers I received at our baby BBQ...that's right, 6 months worth...I started buying the Up & Up (Target) brand diapers.  They run about $14 a box, and they really work wonderfully.  They are reformulated from the days a few years back when the Target brand diapers were a waste, and they have the cutest blue and green polka dots.  When CVS ran a deal where I got the Pamper Cruisers for around $10 a box, I couldn't resist.  Even though I was hesitant after hearing about babies who had problems after using different Pampers (Baby Dry), I had no problems.  Ayla loves Elmo, so the Sesame Street characters are a bonus.  Now, anytime I can get them for the same price or less than the Up & Up, I snatch them up!  When Ayla was tiny, I loved the swaddlers, and these are the closest match I've found for a "big girl."  Also, Pampers does "Gift to Grow" points where you can redeem points for prizes after you enter the code on the diapers/wipes you purchase.




3. Olay Foaming Face Wash is my new favorite facial cleanser.  Typically, I don't like anything except for the ones where you wet the cloth and wash your face.  This made me totally change my mind.  My skin feels so clean and yet still moisturized when I'm done washing.  It makes me want to wash my face (which I'm not always good at after a long day) all day long!  Plus, I paid under $2 for this baby with coupons!


4. Excedrin Tension Headache is my new favorite version of Excedrin.  I've gotten several bottles FREE after coupons recently, and I actually like it better than the regular version (which is my good ol' standby).  After years of having migraines and little success with prescription medicine, I have found that Excedrin taken with Gatorade (old wives' tale for headaches-works!) and rubbing some Unkers on my neck and shoulders does the trick!  The Tension Headache version is aspirin-free, which is awesome since I had to go Excedrin free when I was pregnant.  I know that caffeine isn't great when pregnant, but neither is being in so much pain you can't move--so this is on my list for emergency meds when I have another bun in the oven. ;)

By the way, Unkers is not a couponing product, but we buy it by the case...literally.  It helps with muscle aches, headaches, dry skin, burns, cuts, bug bites, bruises, and more!  It is a wonderful product that has helped people I know with Rheumatoid Arthritis to muscle injuries, to me with my RSD.  Incredible!

For those of you interested in couponing, here are a couple of my favorite sites.  I love couponing at Publix and CVS the best.  Believe it or not, I get most of my cleaning and personal care items FREE at CVS! :)


Southern Savers
Hip2Save
Mojo Savings


I'm thankful for God, my family, my friends, my health, and Florida sunshine.  And coupons, too!  Happy Turkey Day!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Babies

"The great joy in life is doing what people say you cannot do."

San Pellegrino, Juicy Juice, and Gerber--oh my!