Standing up.

Brr-this chilly weather is getting to my poor, broken body.  Thank goodness my brain functions better than my body does (though that's not saying much).  

I've come to the conclusion that it is so difficult to be someone who tries to be fair and stand up for what's right.  By no means am I perfect-I'm far from it.  I fail often, and my shortcomings are many.  There have just been some instances lately where I have tried to handle situations diplomatically, and I am not sure why I try.  It doesn't involve anyone that I'm close to, and it isn't anything that affects me in my personal life.  Why, I wonder, do we have guidelines and procedures if we aren't going to follow them across the board?  I suppose that this is life.  On a grander scale than the woes of my day-to-day frustrations, I know there are people who commit crimes and get away with it.  A young man drove drunk, killed my grandparents, and got to live his life.  No doubt, he had his own struggles to face, but I think for victims or for those simply trying to do what's right, the lack of "justice" so to speak is upsetting...at times devastating.

Friday is here, and I am glad that I am still standing so to speak.  My levels of exhaustion are so high.  I am constantly tired, drained, exhausted, and buried in a list of to-dos longer than I can handle.  Pure exhaustion-the kind you feel when you just go-go-go, but yet the go-go-going isn't getting you where you need to be.  If I could have one wish (aside from the priorities of health, wealth, and family) it would be for energy.  

The good news is, my dog didn't puke up his own poo, no one has been breaking into my house lately, and I don't have another wallet to lose!  Also, I am thankful for my wonderfully soft sheets, 3 warm bodies to cuddle up to (dogs and B), and a precious toddler that has decided to stop tormenting me with her experiments of what is and isn't acceptable behavior long enough to sleep peacefully, all snuggled with her special blanket and wearing her precious warm owl jammies.

Tomorrow, I challenge you to see yourself for you who are today, and be proud.  Don't cringe at the muffin top hanging over your jeans (like I do) and don't look at your makeup-less face and look away, embarrassed (like I do).  Be glad that you're somebody's mama (like I am) and that people love you (boy, am I loved).  Be glad that you get to live your life and write your story each day, no matter what the chapter before said was likely to happen and the things that are already passed.

Comments

  1. I will try if you do! Challenges are your strong suit lately!! How 'bout this, just for tomorrow, try to see yourself through the eyes of those that love you: wildly poetic and intelligent, an amzing mama, a wonderful partner, a true friend, an educator in a time where educating doesn't seem to be a priority (God bless you) and btw (I left the physical appearance stuff for last on purpose b/c we are SO much more than that) you have the most beautiful hair of anyone I know and the lovliest freckles, a body that brought a truly precious child into the world and a smile that lights up any room! My eyes see beauty! Be PROUD!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Babies

"The great joy in life is doing what people say you cannot do."

San Pellegrino, Juicy Juice, and Gerber--oh my!