Don't judge a book by her cover

Over the past eight years living in the Sunshine State, I've gained wonderful friends, people who I consider to be like family to me.  Every time I learn something new about my friends, I often think about all the things they don't know about me either.  Finding out new things and gaining new insights to the people I care about is like opening a gift.  So here are the things you probably didn't know about me...

1. As a child, I was a part of a group of baton twirlers called the Amerikettes.  
2. When I was 10, I DJed for a kids radio station, having the chance to meet Jodi Sweetin from Full House and having a 1-on-1 interview with teen sensation Zachary Ty Bryan from Home Improvement.  I always liked him so much more than that JTT guy.
3. One of my passions as a teenager was black and white photography.  Using SLRs to shoot and actually developing my own film and printing my own pictures was so cathartic.  I was featured in art shows at my high school.  I entered art shows and placed regularly.  For a period of time, I aspired to create a portfolio and study at the Art Institute of Colorado.
4. Another one of my loves was writing.  I wrote angsty teenage poetry (who didn't, right?) and short stories.  I journaled and blogged.
5. When my brother, Denny, graduate from high school, we went skydiving.  About 6 months later, we went again for Danielle's birthday.
6. The summer before I got hired for my teaching position, I spent a month teaching 1st through 6th grade at El Shaddai school in Guatemala City.
7. My mom and I attended the symphony frequently throughout my time as a violinist.  I saw the Manhattan String Quartet, Anne Akiko, and Joshua Bell.  I got to meet Anne Akiko and Joshua Bell.  What a wonderful experience!
8. Oil painting was a hobby of mine, and I took classes from Bob Ross instructors.  My parents have several of my paintings at their house, alongside the paintings of my mother and the paintings of her mother.  
9. Throughout elementary school, I spent my summers involved in Gifted & Talented summer school, which I LOVED!  I took French, a drawing class, photography, drama, among others...
10. After missing almost 2 of my 4 years in high school due to being so sick with my RSD, I still managed to graduate in the top 10% of my class.  I graduated from BCC with honors and a Citizen Scholar award for community service.  I graduated Magna Cum Laude from UCF and was .10 away from graduating Cum Laude. 
11. My favorite flower is a daffodil.
12. I was a candy striper at the hospital as a young teen.
13. Even though working at coffee shops was exhausting, I absolutely loved being a part of peoples' days.  Talking to people and sharing the experience of life is one of my favorite things to do.  I make friends on flights, in line at Walmart, and pretty much anywhere I can.
14. My hair has been its natural shade of red for the last 4 years, but before then it has been dyed every shade of red.  I've done it with lots of blonde highlights, and once after a terrible breakup, I dyed it brown.
15. My photos are in the gym at BCC Palm Bay demonstrating proper stretching techniques.  I worked out daily and was in the best shape of my life.  I secretly want to go in and take a photo of those photos because I am so proud, even if slightly embarrassed that I'm poster sized!


Who would've thought all those pages would be inside my book?

Comments

  1. Ah, I love your book. And some of the things I didn't know, fit perfectly into the person I know you to be. I'm so thankful our babies caused us to reconnect :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Babies

"The great joy in life is doing what people say you cannot do."

San Pellegrino, Juicy Juice, and Gerber--oh my!