Stuff, things, junk.

I have too much stuff.  My house has stuff here, there, everywhere.  I want to take all of it and put it in a garbage bag and call it a day.  My new couch is piled with stuff, our end tables, our entertainment shelving unit.  The totes full of Christmas stuff are piled high.  Our eckbunk (German corner table/bench) is covered in crap half the time.  Mail-bills and junk.  Clothes-clean and dirty.  Shoes, toys, work stuff.  Dust bunnies.  It is seriously driving me crazy.

When we bought this house, I thought of all the room we'd have.  Our office is bursting at the seams with boxes from Brandon's past and some things from mine as well.  Thank God for my mom who hasn't thrown all my stuff away in my old bedroom at home.  I don't know where I can put it!

My closet is a graveyard for clothes I'll never wear again due to size or fashion issues. Pregnancy has rendered my shoe collection useless, now a half size too small.


We have a sandpit of a backyard, which I wish we could afford to replace and install a sprinkler system to keep lush and green for our baby to play in.  

Our fence is being replaced a slat at a time, as soon as the dogs destroy one or weather warps yet another piece.

Our kitchen floor is a lovely terrazzo, which we can't find anyone who can clean up and make look lovely, so it needs to be covered.  I simply can't stand looking at it anymore-so unfinished and ugly.

I am grateful to have the things we need--and want, and I am going to be even happier when I rid the house of many of the things that we don't need!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Babies

Surreal

"The great joy in life is doing what people say you cannot do."