10 things...

Tonight's blog is randomness...enjoy!

1. I am going through my closet and getting rid of stuff.  I have nothing to wear as it is, so this will leave me with less, but I'm doing it.  (And hope eventually I might actually lose some weight with my current program of exercise and diet).  One thing I will not get rid of is my pre-preggo jeans.  Not throwing in the towel on getting back into those...
2.   People who put their babies on "eating schedules" annoy me.  I'm sorry, but I don't restrict myself to eating/drinking on a timed schedule, so I certainly don't expect an INFANT to follow one.
3. I can't wait until we get the flooring done in the mudroom and kitchen.  Our flooring is awful, I don't even like looking at it or walking on it.  It is the one thing I truly hated when we looked at this house.
4. My sister is awesome.  I love spending time with her.  She is really an amazing individual, so smart and funny and real.  I hope that as our lives continue we stay close.
5.  I am still having my internal crisis about purpose, career, etc.  I'm pretty sure I'm not any closer to a solution or a-ha moment than I was when I first blogged about it months ago.
6.  Oscar, my little turd-face of a dog, has actually been pretty good lately (I will probably regret typing that "out loud").    He even took a nap with me today.
7. I love books and magazines.  I recently just finished reading Water for Elephants, which was good-I read it nightly until I finished-but it wasn't amazing.  (You know a book is amazing when you stay up way past your bedtime reading it-this one I could put down and go to sleep).  After reading it, I understand why it was made into a movie, and I'd dare to bet that the movie is even better than the book.
8. 4 months and 3 days until our wedding.  Whoa!  I am very excited that we finally decided on our first dance song (since "our" song isn't really a "first dance" type song...and probably better as a private moment instead of when we're on display for everyone to watch).
9. Ayla is 2, which equates to lots of independence, amazing amounts of verbalization, whining, and the realization that our toddler has become quite her own little person.  I loved her as a baby, but this stage is so incredible-I am really enjoying it more than any other stage so far.
10. I've been thinking about my grandpa Leroy a lot this week, as my parents have finally been able to go and attend to his trailer and carrying out his last wishes.  It is hard to believe he's been gone 15 months already.  How I wish he could be there to watch me walk down the aisle, to see Ayla walking and talking (he wrote about coming down to FL to see her when she started walking and talking...which she didn't do until about 4 months after he died).  I am so grateful for him and our reconnection at the end because I haven't had any other true experience of a grandparent.

Comments

  1. I am sorry you are even thinking or having a crisis about your career. You are a great teacher-born for it. I do know hoeever, that because you are so young you have many years in that career to go and THAT is scary given the wy things are. So sad all th great teacher we have/will lose because of how education/teachers are being treated.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Babies

"The great joy in life is doing what people say you cannot do."

San Pellegrino, Juicy Juice, and Gerber--oh my!